[stylist] Satires

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 20:21:31 UTC 2012

Vejas,

Unless specified when people place prompts, the writing exercises can be
any type of writing you envision, fiction, nonfiction, poetry. They can
be as long or as short as you want, though I suggest for this list not
too long. It can be a fully-realized piece, meaning developed characters
an plot with some type of conclusion, or it can be a simple paragraph
excentuating the theme of a particular prompt.

As for this specific prompt, I said satire and/or humor, so it doesn't
necessarily have to be satirical in nature, but just an attempt at some
type of humor. And yes, satire tends to be dry, though not always, but
it does use cynicism and sardonic tones, usually taking an idea and
turning it on its head in order to make a point.

But my intention was to challenge us to write any style of humor we
want, which will most likely be based upon your own sense of humor and
what style you are most comfortable writing in in terms of humor.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan