[stylist] Technical Writing

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Sat Mar 31 23:33:43 UTC 2012

This is not off-topic. Technical writing is a non-fiction jenre. The
particular case I have in mind is the documentation of my braille
transcription suite, liblouis, liblouisutdml and BrailleBlaster. This
suite is Open Source and free. As important as technical writing is to a
software development project, the developers, who must often write the
manuals as well as the programs, often have great difficulty with
writers' block, and there is always the danger that they will write for
other programmers rather than the people who actually use their product.
In the case of the Braille Transcription suite, good documentation is
important for all Braile readers, especially those in mathematicss and
technical fields. I've been so busy with the code that I haven't given
documentation the attention it needs, to say nothing of writers' block.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

John

--
John J. Boyer, Executive Director