[stylist] Essay Contest

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Thu May 3 01:03:52 UTC 2012

I wanted to share this essay contest with all of you if one of you or someone you know would like to take part.  I read about it in the Renal Support spring/summer 2012 newsletter.

The 10th Annual Kidney Times Essay Contest

Theme: What small act of kindness by a healthcare professional made a difference in your life?

Kidney disease can be difficult.  Not just one word or kind act from a healthcare professional can make all the difference.  These people are our heroes.  Tell us, in 750 words or less, how a healthcare professional made a difference in your life.  Your entry could win you a cash prize of $500 1st prize, $300 2nd prize or $100 3rd prize.

Entries in Spanish are also accepted and the Spanish essay winner will receive $100.

All entries must be postmarked or received by 12:00PM EST on August 1, 2012.

You must be diagnosed with kidney disease to enter.

Limit one entry per person.

All entries become the sole property of the Renal Support Network and will not be returned.

Essays will be judged on appropriateness to the theme, originality of idea, creativity, and technical expertise.

Visit RSNhope.org for more information.

Submission Guidelines

Include with your essay a separate page with your complete name, address, phone number and e-mail (if applicable)

Submit your essay in one of the following ways:

E-mail to essay at rsnhope.org

Fax to 818-244-9540

Mail to Kidney Times Essay Contest, Renal Support Network, 1311 N. M aryland Ave., Glendale, CA  91207