[stylist] Server Maintenance Complete

Peter Donahue pdonahue2 at satx.rr.com
Sun May 6 19:08:46 UTC 2012

Good afternoon everyone,

    I'm pleased to report that our server maintenance and upgrade to Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Web Edition were successful. I received a series of progress reports from the technician performing this service throughout the night. So as not to bore you with too many details but to keep you informed as to what we're doing to insure the best Web hosting experience possible here is a summary:

    A service pack upgrade was performed to improve server operation and to meet requirements for Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Web Edition. Both tasks along with other routine maintenance were successful. You may have noticed your sites running much smoother than before thanks to this maintenance. The upgrade along with corrections to cascading stylesheet information allowed us to correct appearance issues on some Web site pages.

    All Web sites were back online at 6:00 this morning though I'm not sure exactly when the server came back online. Everyone's sites are back up and running.

    If any of you notice something missing or not functioning correctly since the server maintenance please be sure to alert me so I can investigate and fix the problem! If I don't know of site problems I can't fix them. Your cooperation will be very much appreciated. Best wishes to all for a great week.

Peter Donahue
Webmaster, National Federation of the Blind Writers' Division
http://www.nfb-writers-division.net