[stylist] Decreasing number of messages

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue May 15 19:56:09 UTC 2012

Jackie,

I wouldn't worry much when you don't receive much feedback from this
list. As others have pointed out, this list, like any, has its ebbs and
flows, and even when more active, we tend to have a small core group of
5 to 8 who consistently respond. It's nothing personal though, and we
all appreciate your enthusiasm to Stylist.

For me, I have quite a bit going on and just don't have time to devote
to Stylist and other listserves I belong too. I also just spent the last
week in hospital, so behind on a lot. I'm completely okay, just some
routine things the docs wanted to monitor, but nonetheless, I lost a
week. I also am trying to focus on my own writing as I have been
neglecting it, and I'm sure you lot would like Slate & Style sometime,
smile.

I also don't have time, or the inclination, to devote to every thread on
Stylist. It's helpful when people tailor their subject headings to their
post even when replying to another post since the easiest way to skim
through the list is to look at subjects and see, based on that, if they
are of interest. It's time consuming, and I'm just at a point in my life
when I can't sit on the computer all day devoting time to each
individual thread, since with all the listserves I subscribe to would
make this a reality for me, grin.

I always enjoy and welcome your comments and thoughts, Jackie. You have
such an amazing story and are a great poet. Your wisdom and advice are
appreciated. Please don't take it personally if you don't receive many

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan