[stylist] Answering Ashley's questions on endnotes and footnotes

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu May 17 01:11:59 UTC 2012

Ashley,

Footnotes are when citations follow at the end of each page, and
endnotes are when the citations follow at the end of a section or end of
a paper/book.

Endnotes and footnotes are typically used for APA style, and the in-text
paranthetical citations are indicative of MLA and Chicago style, though
any form can be used with any of the writing styles. Footnotes and
endnotes de-clutter a paper, which some people prefer. While in
university, I had experience writing in various writing styles. The
footnotes and endnotes are a very nice way to cite sources without
having to break the flow of the actual writing.

Irish history is indeed fascinating and sad. Britain dominated and ruled
Ireland for 800 years, and during this time terrible, terrible things
happened against the Irish. My paper doesn't even begin to touch on
Ireland's long history.

What we often refer to as "Irish" dance is actually Celtic since various
forms of this dance exist in other Celtic countries, most noteably
Scotland.

Ireland does now rule itself once again, except northern Ireland, Ulster
(where Belfast is located) is still a British domain.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan