[stylist] R: Post Cards from Prague

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Fri May 18 02:46:24 UTC 2012

You are so right about the cost of postcards.  To send a postcard from
Europe is a big expense. People have no idea how much it costs to buy it and
send it.  I always told my students that they should not spend money
bringing back souveniers for family and friends as it is not their
experience and will mean next to nothing to the person they give it to - but
to give them a post card instead - because it is a very big expense as it
is.  I always had a budget for sending cards when I was traveling - it was
usually $100. for post cards and postage.  And, then the time it takes to
write them all, too. I would carry them with me when I was out for the day,
and then take little rest stops or stop to do some drawing or picture
taking - and then would do some post cards at that time as well. It took me
a long time to get all the cards written and sent out. Often I was back home
before the cards arrived - they come very SLOWLY.

Lynda
Lynda Lambert
104 River Road
Ellwood City, PA 16117