[stylist] An example of a tankabun with a very short prose section

Andi adrianne.dempsey at gmail.com
Fri May 18 22:12:30 UTC 2012

I like this poem.  It is so true, and I like the analogies.  For me
personally the coin memories have an extra reason why it is a good parallel.
One because coins are either stored in banks or wallets like memories.
Sometimes they are kept close, and other times left on a shelf but always
kept.  Also coins can get lost when they are dropped from a pocket or
something, like memories when we just can't quite remember.  I do that whole
lifting couch cushions and rummaging through piles of stuff to find that
coin or in my head memory but sometimes it is just lost.  Then other times
you find it unaccspectadly when you weren't even looking for it.  Like at
midnight when the allusive thought comes back to you.  The other reason I
like the coin analogy is because of my five year old niece.  She has this
obsession with anything little enough to fit in her hands in numbers.  Coins
are one of these things and she carries them everywhere.  I tried to get her
to keep them in a piggy bank but that pig is always loosing its coins.  The
poem made me think of her and her coins, which intern put other memories in
my head about my niece.

Andi