[stylist] Matilda Ziegler Magazine

John J. Boyer john at godtouches.org
Sat May 19 03:31:48 UTC 2012

I must say that I am personally very disappointed with the Ziegler
magazine. I had been receiving it in braille for more than forty years.
Then one month they announced that they were discontinuing everything
except an online edition. There was no explanation. This was so opposed
to what I thought the purpose of the magazine was that I couldn't
believe it and kept looking for my braille copy for a few months. There
were a lot of international subscribers who depended on the magazine for
braille material. I think that dropping everything except the online
edition is contrary to the wishes of Matilda Ziegler herself. I've
looked at the website a few times, but the magazine has changed. It used
to be sort of general coverage and even had some articles of scientific
and technical interest. There was always a story. The last time I looked
all I could find was articles on blindness, many of them by their own
employees.

Sad memmories of what once was.

John