[stylist] new list for alternative healing

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Sat May 26 19:47:30 UTC 2012

Count me in!  For a very special and personal  reason I would so look
forward to this.  My grandmother was a midwife and  herbal healer, or
'treateuse', in the Cajun culture.  She delivered over  500 babies during her time and
I was the last of these deliveries so when I saw  I was born in the small
community I grew up in, I mean I was born and raised  there.  I can remember
helping my grandmother crush the herbs she made teas  with and also
ointments.  I wrote what I suppose might be called a 'memoir'  about her called 'The
Willows Weep'.  She was a special lady and was loved  by so many.  She did
not speak much English though she could understand  quite a bit of it.  I, on
the other hand, understood the French but did not  speak it well.  So she
spoke French to me and I spoke to her and we  understood each other
perfectly.  I know that was a long story just to say  I'm interested too but I wanted
to share why I was so interested in  it.

Myrna

In a message dated 5/26/2012 11:25:24 A.M. Central Daylight Time,