[stylist] New member

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue May 29 16:52:19 UTC 2012

Osmond,
I have not yet welcomed you to the group.
In the 1960's I had a relative living in Monrovia, Liberia with his family.
He was a missionary.  Since then, I have followed the events in the country
since then. In fact, when my husband left Uganda after a five year stint
with USAID, he was going to apply for a position in Education there.
However, our family almost demanded our return with our three young sons.
You are one of many who have undergone unbelievable atrocities. It is a
miracle that after two stints in refugee camps that you are here. It is a
further miracle that you are on our list as a resource, and as a would-be
writer.
Were you too young to be aware of Idi Amin. He took over Uganda a year
before we left. I have compiled all of my letters home into a book, called,
"Lizard in the Bean sauce." The lizard is, of course, Idi Amin.   The book
is unedited, and sorely in need of it. My sons want me to finish it since it
is a significant part of their inherited experience.
I wish you    well, and that you will find your genre for contributing.
Jacqueline Williams