[stylist] Memorial Day poem

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue May 29 18:56:29 UTC 2012

Lynda,
I have just read your sestina, Memorial Day. As usual I like the flow from
line to line that you seem to do so effortlessly. I was pretty much stopped
cold in the fourth stanza where the content seemed to shift completely to
"How to Write a Poem." Then it reverted back to what you were memorializing.
 Might this stanza be a metaphor for their thought processes?
I am slowly working along on past reading, and I know ahead of me are
further discussions of the sestinas.
Jackie