[stylist] Jackie, about the form used for my poem Interpretations

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Tue May 29 19:42:37 UTC 2012

Jackie,

Thank you so much!  I also do the 'cascading  quatrains'.   It is like the
tumbling tercets in that you allow the  last line of the stanza to flow into
the first line of next stanza.  It can  be rhymed or unrhymed, metered or
not metered.  I like it because it allows  me to write in a free verse style
but still have that little bit of  structure.   I love the experimentation
of writing. When asked to  describe my writing philosophy some are often a
bit taken aback by my simple  approach.  I compare writing to a child with his
hands in Play Doh.   You can hold the words in your hands and mold them and
sculpt them.  You  can take it apart and start over.  You can put it away
to finish later. And  when done it may not be the most beautiful of piece of
artwork ever creative but  it is your artwork, your creation, your
interpretation of the words  and  isn't it grand that you could participate in the
birthing of it.  You may  keep it or not.  The choice is always yours.  The
words will always  understand because they give themselves freely to you and
make no demands on  their use.

Thank you again, Jackie.

Myrna

In a message dated 5/29/2012 2:26:09 P.M. Central Daylight Time,