[stylist] Not Choice but Destiny, a sestina, per Lynda

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Thu May 31 18:15:02 UTC 2012

Eve,
First, thank you for your considered thoughts on "Not Choice but Destiny. I
agree that it might be difficult to understand without re-reading and
catching the three generations it tried to capture. Also, I agree that
deep-set convictions might cause a barrier to understanding.
However, as poets, our function should be, I think, to shake up everyone's
deeply held convictions. Enough so that these convictions are revisited with
deep thought and research.
As for Mesa, I can no longer say it is a suburb of Phoenix, for it is now
the third largest city in Arizona, it is just east of Phoenix. To get from
Phoenix to Flagstaff, you can take Route 17 and fly to Flagstaff with all
the trucks, or take the route through Sedona, and enjoy the scenic sights
and stay in Sedona. I do not remember the exact mileage, but it is not
either close, or further than a one day's drive. Since I have not driven for
more than six years, I suggest you get the mileage from a triple A, or from
the computer.
The president of NFB is located in Tucson. His name is Bob Kressmer.
Recently the e-mails have been restricted, but next time I get one, I will
try to forward it. If that does not work, I will copy and paste  it to you.
Just remember, Arizona is not a deeply popular state at the moment, with its
legislative promotions of wide open gun rights, its anti-immigration stance
with Joe Arpaio at the helm, and the red-neck bias in politics, and on and
on.
If I were younger, and more able I would move to Oregon which is a
bell-weather state and progressive in nature.
Welcome, anyway.
Jackie