[stylist] Writing prompt- gratitude

Eve Sanchez 3rdeyeonly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 7 17:47:23 UTC 2012

Hi all, I was very inspired to write this. I have it attached and will
paste below. I must first give warning that it may be taken as offensive to
some. I hope you dare to read, but if not; that is your choice to make as
we all have freedom of choice. :) Thanks, Eve

A certain person on my list of FB friends posted a link that I cannot now
find preventing me from sharing. It was a message from the Presidency of
the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. As expected; they were
gracious. They called for unity and support for the re-elected President of
the United States of America. As expected; they asked that their followers
and members pray for the President and country. These are politicians,
whether they run for office or not, so they know how to play the game.
There was nothing unexpected or surprising here. What was interesting were
the comments that followed.

There were some reiterating what the church presidency had said; they were
gracious and level headed. There were some who were understandably upset
after being defeated. There were some who maintain hope for the future and
tried to relay this. And there were some who wanted the message posted that
they did not believe their candidate was the second coming or anything of
that sort, they just had hopes of a church leader leading the country.
There were many, however, who did believe that he was more than a
candidate. They believed that he was the Messiah and others that now
believe the end is near as the great evil of our President is bringing the
new dark ages to reality. The Tea Party has nothing on this group; with
opinions and delusions that span the global map.

I say that we did not miss out on the second coming. We will not suffer
without a Bishop at the helm. We have been given a second chance at
salvation with four more years to work on the mess left by that Texan with
(as Hank Hill says,) “…a weak handshake.” We have dodged the bullet that
this time was not shot by a Republican (Cheney), but was a Republican. And
we must realize that it is more than political parties. It is more than
religious zealots. It is more than the endangerment of our civil liberties.
It is everything and all combined and more. If we wish to be led by a
Bishop; we need to go to church, not become one.

Our country was NOT built on Christian values alone. The Fore Fathers did
not intend that this nation be one of morals and values of a particular
church group. Our immigrants did not come to this land to convert to become
drones, one and all alike. The United States of America has and always will
stand for freedom, freedom of choice and freedom of religion. No one group
can dictate to all others what those choices must be or what they should
believe. With that; there is no freedom. Do we not have gratitude for what
this country stands for? If we do, then we need to stop changing it in a
manner that counteracts those beliefs. We need to honor and accept every
person’s right to freedom and not just those who believe as we do.

I believe that to take away this freedom from any single person is a great
evil. I believe that those who attempt to do this and who take on the crown
of judgment are the evil ones. Did we not learn anything from the history
of the witch trials? Did we not learn anything from the crusades? Did we
not learn anything from the crucifixion, the holocaust, the slavery, or the
stone throwers? Let freedom ring and rejoice. Stop the oppression from
those who dare not drink coffee.  Show gratitude for what there is and who
has given it. God blessed America.

Rejoice, oh Holy Ones, for the gratitude of the world will never be
manifested to its fullest, lest the Seer broadcast all that will not now
come. Without that visionary telecast, though, we must be satisfied and
grateful with the knowledge that the great evil was dodged, the country of
the free will stay as such and the world is safe. For now.