[stylist] Commas and semi-colons

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 9 19:03:32 UTC 2012

Lynda,

Thanks for the link; it's really helpful. FYI, noticed I use a
semi-colon, grin!

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan

Message: 8
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 11:31:24 -0500
From: "Lynda Lambert" <llambert at zoominternet.net>
Subject: Re: [stylist] Commas and semi-colons

The examples given are very good!
I am posting a website here that gives a really good list of how to use
the
semicolon in your sentences.  I love to use it when listing closely
related
items and for joining two independent clauses in a sentence.  When I am
too
lazy to look it up,  I will often use a period and break it into two
complete sentences. This gives  the sentence(s)  even more impact at
times.
These are the things I re-think when  I am working on  successive
drafts.
The other thing that helps me so much, is to read my work out loud so I
can
hear the impact of the punctuation. How does it sound?

This site provides good information for writers.

http://writing.wisc.edu/Handbook/Semicolons.html