[stylist] my entry1 weird thanksgiving

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Fri Nov 23 00:20:29 UTC 2012

Hey Vejas,

You sure do have a wild imagination, which is, of course, the most important
trait in a fiction writer. This was an interesting story, and I really liked
the end, when Vanessa now understood all the swear words her family used. I
think Eve is right in that that would never be in a Spanish book, but if we
don't worry about reality too much, it's funny.

Having said that, I think the best way you could improve your writing would
be to make it a little more realistic. If you think about it, Harry Potter
is completely fantasy, and yet JK Rowling writes it in a way that makes it
very believable. So believable it seems real. Strive for that feeling in
your fiction.

Lastly, you had one point of view change, which I'll point out. You wrote :
It was good, and better than none at all, but Aunt Bess's, where we usually
went for Thanksgiving, was better.
Your story (and there's no need for chapter 1, since it's a single story) is
written from a third person point of view, or POV. In the above sentence,
though, the 'we' makes it first person. It should have read 'they' to stay
in third person.

Thanks for participating in the writing prompt, and for sharing your work.

chris