[stylist] Word choice

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:26:36 UTC 2012

That I recall, I've never had anyone question this in my writing, but in
my actual life, it happens all the time. People constantly use terms
like listening to TV or a book or feeling a book if Braille. Ross and I
have had people argue with us when we use terms like reading a book or
watching TV. As Robert says, words are relative, and I agree with Chris
that I'm not going to slow my writing down or make it clunky just to
appease certain people.

And, I do look at things even if I can't see them. Had you said he saw
or was seeing, that may have more of an argument, but to just said he
looked, well, if his turns that way, that is looking by its definition.

I always, always wonder why people who aren't blind, want to project
things onto those who are blind, and they insist, but when we, the
actual blind people, try to set them straight, they refuse to listen;
they think they are right. I mean, seriously, why?

People really get caught up in this stuff; it's so stupid, LOL!

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter
Read my blog at:

The Expected One- Kathleen McGowan