[stylist] Desert Ghost attached here

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Oct 25 16:11:35 UTC 2012

OH, I KNOW - this is something I have to write about -
We have no idea who she is or where she was from, nothing. I think I will
see if I can find her obit. through google.  But, apparently there is nobody
around who ever comes to her grave - it was all sunken in and nasty
looking - we found her little tin marker there in the mud where it had been
put when her body was buried.  It has her date of birth and death and her
name - that is it.

And, the grave next to her is a friend of ours from many years ago - and
nobody ever comes to do anything with his either. He was a pilot, and he
died in a plane crash - he had built the plant. One of my artist
acquaintances  was his lover, and she was to go up on the day that the plane
crashed.  When my friend declined to go, his sister went instead. They both
died in the crash.  For a few years we saw a potted plant left at his grave,
and I am sure it was from his secret lover - but after awhile, no more.
Yesterday, we planted some yellow mums on his grave, too.  Most of my family
ancestors are in this cemetaery - from way back into the early 1800s -
I know one project I want to begin to work on and that is identifying each
of their graves, finding them all, taking notes of what is on each marker -
and beginning to search them out - find out who they were and how they got
here -

This was what I wanted to do "when I retire." Then, at retirement time, I
lost my sight and for the past five years have been on the learning curve to
do things once again. I think that 2014 will be my year to begin this
project. I am hoping that I can get up to the grave yeard and make my
detailed notes before winter sets in and then I can begin the research after
the holidays. I love history, so this is a great project for me.

I really do home to do a lot of research and writing after Christmas -
during the solitary winter here.

Hugs, Lynda

Lynda Lambert
104 River Road