[stylist] Face Book, STYLIST and the Writers' Division

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Mon Oct 29 14:47:46 UTC 2012

Hi you all

RE: to clarify things

Our efforts to get on Face Book will in no way substitute for any of our
Division's present systems of communications with membership and/or the
world. (Not now, yet who knows about the future. However, as our membership
changes, they may choose to do so, and/or the computing world may just do it
to us.)

For membership building, Face Book is a super great opportunity for us. A
billion people are now operating in that culture. So we need to be found
there!

And as for what all we end up doing with Face Book, that will depend on two
things: First, the Face book feature/option that we choose to make use of
will have to be accessible to the non-visual user. Second, the
feature/options that we choose will be those that we feel we need to better
serve our membership, and so all that remains to be seen as we learn more
about Face Book.

Our Face Book team will be looking into getting us going on this. Stay
tuned!

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee