[stylist] New story, on memory lanes

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Sep 13 16:01:37 UTC 2012

Shawn, I read this yesterday.  It is a large project and well thought out.

I can offer some advice:
1.)  Check the spelling of NA tribes, and
2.) do some research into relisious objects and customs.  It is L a k o t a
and K a c h i n a   and

3.)  do research on what the Kachina is and does for accuracy. Kachina are
HOPI - Here's a good link for that:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hopi_Kachina_dolls
Check out the other ones for accuracy, too.

The different NS cultures are very distinctly DIFFERENT - different customs,
different world views, different fetishes, different art forms, etc.

Also, the strongest tool a writer has is the "blue pencil" and that means go
through it and edit it down some more.
4.)  Edit it down - read it aloud - and then go back and edit it more.

5.)  Watch for repetition of words and go back and see if you can change
some words so they are not repeating so often.

Also,
6.)  go over your use of the semi-colon - ask yourself why  the semicolon
used here in this place. Ask yourself lots of questions as you read through
this -

I am not an editor, so perhaps someone else here IS and can give you
additional help in getting this into shape.

I have noticed that getting a helpful critique here seems to be something
that seldom happens.  I hope others here will give you some help beyond what
I have offered.

Perhaps, you can send it to the critique offer that came recently through
this group?  Good luck with your piece - you certainly have put a great deal
of thought and effort into this.

Lynda Lambert