[stylist] Letter from Santa, sample

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Thu Sep 13 19:43:32 UTC 2012

Here is the text of the 2011 letter. If you are interested, contact Meleah:

 Ms. Meleah H. Jensen,

Education Program Assistant

Phone: 410-659-9314 ext. 2418

E-mail: mjensen at nfb.org <blocked::blocked::mailto:mjensen at nfb.org>

***

Dear Friend,

Christmas, my favorite time of the year, is just around the corner! Everyone
here at the North Pole has been very busy working hard to ensure that
everything is all set for my big night of delivering toys. My sleigh is in
the shop being painted and tuned up, Mrs. Claus has been busy getting my
suit ready, and of course Rudolph and the others have been playing lots of
reindeer games to prepare for their long night of flying. The elves have
been the busiest of all. There have been lots of good boys and girls this
year, so they are putting in lots of overtime to make sure all of the toys
are ready in time for the big sleigh loading party on December 23. Our elves
from the National Federation of the Blind have traveled all the way from
Baltimore again this year to help me transcribe your letter into Braille.
I've made my nice list and checked it twice, and I am excited to tell you
your name is on it!

While you're waiting for me to arrive, you can complete the enclosed
activity sheets. I have even included four cards that you can sign and give
to your friends. Also, my friends at the NFB Jernigan Institute would love
for you to send back your colored star picture. It will make a great
decoration for the building. You can send it to 200 East Wells Street,
Baltimore, MD 21230.

Please don't forget to put some milk and cookies out for me. Traveling
around the world delivering toys makes me very hungry! I have enclosed my
favorite cookie recipe so you'll know what to leave me; although when it
comes to cookies, I'm not picky.

Merry Christmas!

Your friend,

Santa