[stylist] Thank you Bridget dedication to Edna Stl

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 5 05:47:37 UTC 2013

The ancient Irish had a long practice of satire. This isn't the modern,
Saturday Night Live concept of satire we are familiar with though. When
a person wanted to ruin another person's reputation, a bard was hired to
create a satire. At the time, these were damaging, and people lived in
dred of the satire. This just demonstrates the power of the word. Now
that I think about it, modern-day satire isn't always far from this
intent.

Bridgit
Message: 4