[stylist] A quote for National Poetry Month

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Sat Apr 6 21:39:33 UTC 2013

Hi Friends,

The following quote, IMO could be about writers in general. I suppose not
everyone will agree, but I like anything that speaks to the idea that the
writer has a high calling. In this case, the poet has paid dearly for
pursuing his art.

"A poet's work is to name the unnameable, to point at frauds, to take sides,
start arguments, shape the world, and stop it going to sleep."

--Salman Rushdie

http://www.educationoasis.com/curriculum/Lang_Arts/quotes/quotes_about_poetr
y.htm

Donna
-- The Heart of Applebutter Hill, a novel on a mission:
DonnaWHill.com

Read Donna's articles on Suite 101:
http://suite101 <http://suite101.com/donna-w-hill> .com/donna-w-hill

Connect with Donna on
Twitter:
www.twitter.com/dewhill
LinkedIn:
www.linkedin.com/in/dwh99
FaceBook:
www.facebook.com/donna.w.hill

Hear clips from "The Last Straw" at:
cdbaby.com/cd/donnahill

Apple I-Tunes
phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewAlbum?playListId=259244374