[stylist] For One night-story

Alyssa Frierson alyssafrierson at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 22:04:46 UTC 2013

Hi, Tessa.
Thanks for sharing your story. You did a good job with it and held my
interest throughout as well. I agree with Donna; I also found some
small editing issues in addition to what she pointed out.
I think you mean "of" instead of "on" here:
The man had always been proud on how good of an actor he had become over the
years.
You might want to consider rewording the part below where she
indicates the wine bottle, pours herself a glass of wine, and then
hands the bottle to him. When I first read it, I thought she was
pouring herself a glass and then handing that glass to him. I had to
read it a couple times before I knew exactly what you meant.
"Pour some wine," the governor indicated the bottle as she poured herself a
glass and handed it to a stunned Roger, "I am told it is the finest in the
land."
Again, you did a good job with this story. I especially liked the last
few sections and the surprise at the end; I wasn't expecting that at
all. Good job, and thanks for sharing!

Alyssa