[stylist] A new member

Jacqueline Williams jackieleepoet at cox.net
Tue Apr 16 01:10:27 UTC 2013

Tessa,
Here is my late welcome to the group. I am sure that, by now, you have found
that you have at least six new writing "partners."
I am wondering if you mean "collaborator" instead, since you have repeated
the question several times.
If you want to co-write a piece, I think that has to come about slowly with
complimentary skills and great respect. In finding those who critique your
work as they are doing now, and you find the mutual interests, you may
discover more of a partner.
In the field of poetry, I wrote one poem collaborating with my mother. It
was extremely difficult. Our entry won a third place, but it surely was not
good poetry even though she was nominated for poet laurite of AZ when she
was 87, and I was starting to get published. One must totally stamp out the
ego.
But let us know how you make out in this search, and be very specific in
saying what you are looking for.
Good luck.
Jackie