[stylist] Books & Beyond presents author Roderick Anscombe Monday April 22

NJ Lynn freespirit.stl at att.net
Sat Apr 20 16:45:17 UTC 2013

Books And Beyond Welcomes Author Roderick Anscombe, Monday, April 22, 2013
Newswire:
Without reservation, there is no one writing psychological thrillers with the understanding of human behavior quite like Monday’s guest, Roderick Anscombe. What does he write which so      captures my interest and maintains it      from beginning to end?    Anscombe, author of four novels, two in the Paul Lucas series available on the Bard site, makes body language as much a part of his novels as any conversation which goes on between characters. Have you ever read a mystery and wondered what the lift or twitch of an eyebrow meant? What does the movement of a hand or   hesitation mean? As an interviewer, I am aware of   sub-communication going on as I speak to guests. In their answers, I hear not just words.   I gain insight about their degree of nervousness or comfort through responses to questions I pose. In the same way, through his knowledge and experience as a forensic pathologist, Roderick Anscombe understands body language and what information can be gleaned for psychiatrists involved in criminal investigation. In our world, we deal with sounds and words. Anscombe makes body language itself a character in his novels. If you have ever wondered what a particular physical reaction means, I feel certain Roderick knows the answer. After reading The Interview Room and Virgin Lies which feature psychiatrist Paul Lucas available on Bard, I was fascinated with how much information can be obtained from body language alone. If both verbal communication and body language are utilized, can we arrive at a deeper level of truth and know more of the relevant circumstances in a particular investigation? How reliable is body language?  Is there more than one interpretation available through this communication? Roderick Anscombe understands what happens in various parts of the brain and tells us what that reaction means. Is it possible to hold back when the brain is involved? Our knowledge of the brain changes constantly.   With so much we don’t yet know, are these reactions as trustworthy as verbal communication? Trials involve decisions which   alter   lives.      In a world which fascinates through many changes, Roderick Anscombe brings to the psychological mystery an element which results in even more excitement and tension.
Anscombe is a practicing forensic psychiatrist in the Boston area. Born in England in 1947, he is a treasure you won’t want to miss if the subject of people or psychology intrigues you. I hope you will join us for a fascinating discussion on Monday’s exciting show.
Below, you will find information about Roderick’s two books in the Paul Lucas series available on the Bard site followed by all the details you will need to attend and participate in the upcoming Books And Beyond at a special date and time.
The interview room DB 66703
Anscombe, Roderick; Downer, Patrick. Reading time: 9 hours, 35 minutes.
Read by Patrick Downer.

Suspense Fiction
Psychological Fiction

Forensic psychiatrist Paul Lucas evaluates Craig Cavanaugh, a wealthy Harvard student accused of harassing a teaching assistant. Soon Paul suspects Craig of stalking Paul's wife, Abby, and of killing a police officer. With his marriage, career--and life--in jeopardy, Paul takes drastic measures. Strong language and some violence. 2005.
Download The interview room

Virgin lies DB 66922
Anscombe, Roderick. Reading time: 9 hours, 1 minute.
Read by Patrick Downer.

Suspense Fiction
Psychological Fiction

Psychiatrist Paul Lucas from The Interview Room (RC 66703) searches for eight-year-old Danielle, who disappeared while fetching coffee for Paul's wife Abby. A homeless schizophrenic identifies two likely suspects, but as time runs out, Abby pressures Paul to manipulate a vulnerable patient for clues. Strong language and some violence. 2007.
Download Virgin lies

-Mail: bonnie at accessibleworld.org
Date: Monday April 22, 2013
Time: 5:00 PM PST,   6:00 PM MST,
7 PM CSt
8 PM EST,
and elsewhere in the world Thursday,   12:00 GMT.
Approximately 15 minutes prior to the event start time; go to
The Books and Beyond Room at:
http://conference321.com/masteradmin/room.asp?id=rs3cfe7424e06c
Or, alternatively,
Select The Books and Beyond Room at: www.accessibleworld.org
Enter your first and last names on the sign-in screen.
If you are a first-time user of the Talking Communities online conferencing
software, there is a small, safe software program that you need to download
and then run. A link to the software is available on every entry screen to
the Accessible World rooms.
All online interactive programs are free of charge, and open to anyone
worldwide having an Internet connection, a computer, speakers, and a sound
card. Those with microphones can interact audibly with the presenters and
others in the virtual audience. To speak to us, hold down the control key
and let up to listen. If no microphone is available, you may text chat with
the attendees.
Accessible World uses News Wires, like this one, to inform people of the
topic and times for the many Discussion Groups on Accessible World. The
lists are announce only to keep the traffic to a minimum. You can join the
Accessible World Announce List, the Tek Talk Announce List or the Sports
Talk Announce List by completing the form at:
Accessible World Contacts:
Robert Acosta, Chair
Accessible World
818-998-0044
Email: boacosta at pacbell.net
Web: www.helpinghands4theblind.org
Marcia Moses, Events Coordinator
Accessible World
734-495-1496
Email: mgmoses at comcast.net
Steve Hoffman, President
Talking Communities
Email: steve at talkingcommunities.com
The Accessible World, a division of Helping Hands For The Blind, a 501(c)(3)
not-for-profit organization, seeks to educate the general public, the
disabled community and the professionals who serve them by providing highly

relevant information about new products, services, and training
opportunities designed specifically to eliminate geographic and access
barriers that adversely affect them.  aspect