[stylist] After You Publish: Anyone Have Promo Advice?

goldbeckjm at comcast.net goldbeckjm at comcast.net
Tue Apr 30 02:35:47 UTC 2013

Create an author page on Goodreads.com and Amazon.com.  I would also do a virtual book tour.  There is a book written by author, Tristi Pinkston about how to do it.  You can googl e her to find her website with the exact title of her book.  I would also put a notice about your book in the National Federation of the Blind and American Council of the Blind newsletters.  Ask your facebook friends to contact their local libraries and request their local library purchase the book for their collection.  I would also send out a press release or personal letter to the librarians of the various state schools for the blind across the country.  Contact your local bookstores and see if they will let you do a reading (with copies of your signed book for sale).  Do you have any local writing organizations in your area?  If so, contact them to network.

Julie Goldbeck