[stylist] Websites and Book Covers

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 2 00:12:40 UTC 2013

My husband, who has RP, initially studied computer science at university
years ago then switched to psychology thinking a blind person wouldn't
have much of a future in the computer field. Fast-forward 14 years
later, and thank God his attitude has changed, and he's going back to
school to finally study what he always wanted to study. He's actually
getting geared up to start in September. I know a lot of other blind
people are in this field of computers and websites, and in many ways,
it's getting easier in terms of accessibility.

You may know this, but the NFB has a computer science and information
systems division. The president use to be Curtis Chong, but I'm not sure
if he still is or not.

And the Writers' division has a new webmaster who's building the
division a new website, and she's blind.

That's the great thing about this organization: you meet people doing so
many things that encourage you to reach for your dreams and goals.

Bridgit