[stylist] CNF Blindness prompt Aine

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 3 21:41:10 UTC 2013

Aine,

First, it would be appropriate to include a description of the flute,
but make sure you only include material important and necessary to the
narrative. If a snack, or any other description, is important to
character or plot development, then go ahead, but if not, it's extra
info not necessary for your narrative.

Second, while traditionally your "non-sentences" are in deed
grammatically incorrect, as Donna is absolutely right, rules are more
flexible these days when writing creative writing. I have not had time
to look at your entire piece just yet, but based on the examples Donna
pulled out, you are both correct, and it's really up to you, Aine, if
you want to keep these as such or revise with a more traditional
structure. It will also depend on the type of editor and publication.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

Message: 4