[stylist] Poem: After the Winter

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Tue Feb 5 19:20:14 UTC 2013

Glad you enjoyed it Aine.
I wish you a safe and good journey back to NZ.
You will literally be living out this poem, yourself, as you travel from one
world to another, where the seasons and the landscape change. Your trip
makes Robert Hayden's journey in the poem come to life.

Most of my students, if not all of them, had never read anything by Robert
Hayden before taking my African American Art and Literature course in
college. He was a surprise to them, and they just loved him as they dug into
his work.

There are so many wonderful new experiences to have in this journey we share
in literature.
Lynda