[stylist] Quote to ponder

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Thu Feb 7 15:47:47 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
Is he saying that the illusion is the writer's belief that they are
communicating "x" and that the reader, bringing to each work their own life
experiences, gleens "y?" I think that's true, but I still believe in trying
to communicate precisely whatever I'm trying to get across, but I enjoy the
fact that readers get things out of it that I didn't think I was
communicating -- hopefully tangential and not diametrically opposite. *grin*
Donna