[stylist] To ponder- exercise and representing blindness

Anita Ogletree yrstrli at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 18:24:49 UTC 2013

That's excatly how I have been able to make it through more than
40 years of life.  I usually don't (feel blind) until an unhappy
sighted person tries to rain on my parade.
Many people will often say to me "you are always so happy" or
"you are always smiling).  Well if I could have made the choice,
I sure would not have chosen to be blind.  On the other hand,
however, I have learned to ask God not to allow my heart to be
like so many who are sighted are in the way that they complain
about the sun shining in the window in the morning or are always
critical of other people's physical features or way of dressing.
There are some who may not have the financial ability to choose
the kind of wardrobe someone else deems proper.  And sometimes
there are individuals who have decided not to conform to what
every one else likes.
I have come to believe that I may be better off than a lot of
sighted people because I see what's inside another human being if
they have the spirit of God.  So I am usually smiling even when I
don't feel well.
Anita

blindness

>There are parallels as you can clearly see, Anita.  Good for you.
My husband
>and I were just speaking about this a few minutes ago.  This has
been a very
>educational experience for him to walk with me through sight loss
and the
>issues he sees that we deal with all the time.  One thing for
sure, I do not
>want to be bitter at all about it and I want to continue to walk
in love.
>That is my choice.  Losing my sight is not my choice, but how I
respond to
>it every day is entirely in my hands.

>Lynda

That is
>> what they do whenever they talk about black people.  Not all of
us are
>> going to end up living in the projects.
>> Ok.  I am finished with my ranting.  LOL
>> Anita

http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/stylist_nfbnet.org/llambert%40z
oominternet.net