[stylist] Writing prompt (brown winter).

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Tue Feb 12 00:06:13 UTC 2013

Shawn, I loved your poem!
Winter is my favorite season, and the short 2 years when I lived in
California was as you described here - a brown landscape with cooler
weather but winter never really comes (as I know it to be, with snow and
crystal landscape.)  November comes, it is true - and then November
continues until summer comes again.  Here on the east coast November is just
the beginning of our winter and it is full of the promise of what is coming
after November has left us.

Life without winter, for me, was not a life I wanted to live.  I longed for
the harshness and extreme beauty of an east coast winter.

I like the way you moved from the song lyrics into your reverie here.
Lynda