[stylist] CNF/blindness prompt (Aine)

Aine Kelly-Costello ainekc at gmail.com
Tue Feb 12 08:02:08 UTC 2013

Hi Jackie,

Sorry for my lack of response, I've been rather
busy lately trying to finish up with everything in Spain, pack
and sort out things for University (I move into the hall of
residence in two weeks) all at once.

That's a shame that what was supposed to improve your vision made
you unable to read from a CCTV.

No, I've never seen colours. I wouldn't mind being able to check
them out, though, to be honest. I had quite a lot of trouble
remembering all the colours of the various elements, compounds,
ion tests etc we had to know for year 11 (third-to-last year of
school) Chemistry.

That's great that your son is still able to swim several times a
week. I've retired now, and won't be able to swim at all really
this year as there's no easily-accessible pool from where I'll be
living at university.

Mmm yes thankfully New Zealand doesn't get as hot as Australia.
I've been told this has been a particularly hot summer in NZ
though (for us anything above 30dgC, which must be high 80s in
fahrenheit, is hot). New Zealand's very humid.

I'm writing to you at the moment from the plane. I have a lot of
time to kill!

By the way, I really liked the stuff you shared on Gwendolyn
Brooks (can't remember if I'm spelling her name correctly now),
and the poem you wrote in imitation of her style.

Best wishes,

Aine