[stylist] Representing blindness

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 12 16:16:07 UTC 2013

Donna,

I agree with you. Our personal sense of fashion and preference shouldn't
always be a reflection on our blindness. Yes I love fashion and make-up,
but I don't walk around looking like a fashion-ista every day. You
parents can appreciate this. Most days I'm in my yoga clothes since
Declan and I hang out at home a lot. People might think, "Oh, that blind
lady doesn't know about fashion or care," but I'm just trying to be
comfortable for my particular situation. When I leave the house, I will
dress a little differently. When my sighted parent friends dress this
way, people just think, "Oh, they have little children." Annoying.

Bridgit
Message: 22