[stylist] Prompt_When we dance together

Chris Kuell ckuell at comcast.net
Fri Feb 15 14:26:21 UTC 2013

Linda,

I think you did a great job capturing the euphoria of speed and riding in
this poem, and the blending of song lyrics was excellent. Nice job.

On a side note, I'm sure you miss riding, and probably will for many years
to come. I've been blind for 17 years now, and still dream of downhill
skiing, golfing, and driving my Mustang (my 1969 Mach 1 is still parked in
my garage, and I'm finally coming to terms with selling it). I've tried
golfing and skiing, both of which I was very good at while sighted, blind.
In short, the thrill is gone, as BB King used to say. However, I've
discovered new ways to give me that same speed rush. About 10 years ago I
took up water-skiing, which I never did while sighted, and it's a blast.
I've also grown to love water parks, with those 5 story tall water slides
where you shoot down a tube at lord knows what speed, but it's damn fast,
and it's a real rush.

My point is, there are new and exciting things to explore as a blind person.
Embrace them.

chris