[stylist] Lamenting blindness

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 15 18:50:58 UTC 2013

Chris and others,

We all can speak of things we miss after losing vision or never having
had it.

It didn't seem so big when I first lost my sight, but through the last
ten years, I've really grown to miss driving. If I could just get in my
own damn car and go anywhere, anytime, on time, to add, I'd be a happy
girl.

Also, one thing I don't enjoy so much anymore is the ballet and other
dancing shows. I was a dancer from the time I could walk, and I always
loved the ballet. Now... I might as well just go to the symphony. It's
just not the same. I still enjoy dancing myself, but watching it, not so
much.

But as you say, Chris, we grow, adapt and learn about new experiences to
hold dear. And my life has blossomed so much since first losing my sight
too that focusing on any negatives just seems fruitless and detrimental
to any state of living. And I still have the ability to recreate my
memories through the pen, so to speak, grin.

Bridgit
Message: 13