[stylist] More on this subject of working in blindness field

Julie J. julielj at neb.rr.com
Tue Feb 19 19:37:29 UTC 2013

Linda,

It sounds worse than it was.  Yes, everything I recounted is entirely
accurate and true.  I didn't make any of it up or exaggerate it.
However it was a long while ago.  I rarely think about it now.  I have
seen both college professors in the years since.  We laugh about it now,
realizing how everyone had made a much bigger deal out of things than
was necessary.  that's part of the process though.  You live and you
learn.  He learned something about blindness and I learned a lot about
myself.  I was very mad then, but now I feel mostly gratitude for the
experience.  I look back on those times with fondness.  What doesn't
kill us makes us stronger.  I often wonder what sort of person I would
be if I was never presented with opportunities to grow.

Julie