[stylist] more on this subject of Working in blindness field

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Tue Feb 19 21:40:42 UTC 2013

No,  Donna, I am not saying anything like that at all.
We are humans and illness and disease is part of the human condition - we
don't bring things to ourselves or take them away by speaking positive
thought. But, we can move through our weaknesses and doubts, by our
intention, and keeping our focus on what is good.

We each decide what it is that we want to do with our life, and then we
pursue it.  Some do it intentionally, and some are clueless and just meander
through life settling for whatever other's have determined for them. There
is nothing sadder to me than to have a conversation with a senior student
and hear him say that he wished he would have pursued the major he really
wanted and not the one someone else talked him into taking - and at the end
of his 4 years, he realizes that he did not have the courage to determine
his own path.  Some will not realize this until they are well into the
middle of their life, and some will never realize it.

I know that people may have to do many things in their path to their dream
career, but the only thing that matters is that they keep working towards it
and never quit. The path is often times a very crooked one and may take a
lot longer than anticipated in the beginning.  The way opens up for us -
people come to help us; we get a bit of information as we need it; we get an
idea right when it is needed; we get an inspiration when we are in need of
one,  etc. Our life path is determined by the world view that we embrace.
This is the first thing all of our students began to learn in their first
semester of college. Our goal was for them to figure out their own world
view as we progressed through their education process, and to leave there
knowing how to be "servant leaders" themselves. And the most wonderful part
of coming to know what world view is will be when we come to know  it is
something that is ever changing - not fixed at all; not written in stone. We
change as we learn, for our entire life.

OK, back to my sock! Some days I love those  little victories.

Lynda