[stylist] Question: writing about the letters of the alphabet

KajunCutie926 at aol.com KajunCutie926 at aol.com
Thu Jan 24 15:35:18 UTC 2013

I was able to find this... hope it helps in some  way.

Overview: Add s alone in most cases
Details: Form the plural of a single  character (except 0, 1, M, and the
vowels a, e, i, o, u, A, E, I, O, and U) by  adding s alone. Adding s alone to
form the plural of these exceptions produces  combinations that could be
confused with words or common abbreviations (Is, as,  Ms, and us). Because of
this, the plurals of 0 and 1 should be either spelled  out as zeros and
ones, or formed by adding an apostrophe and an s (0's and 1's).  The plurals of
a, e, i, o, u, A, E, I, M, O, and U should be formed by adding an
apostrophe andan s (a's, e's, M's, and so on).If a sentence that refers to  plurals
of letters includes one of the exceptions, use a consistent  treatment.Spell
out plural numbers that are part of the name of a complement,  such as ones
complement or twos complement.

In a message dated 1/24/2013 9:13:19 A.M. Central Standard Time,