[stylist] Writing about letters of alphabet

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 24 18:11:32 UTC 2013

Donna,

I know when writing numbers you just do 1980s, but as you mention, JAWS
doesn't like this, so I usually do 1980's with the apostrophe. I believe
the same rule applies to letters when pluralizing .

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

Message: 2