[stylist] Writing Creative nonfiction

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 25 18:23:18 UTC 2013

Barbara,

If you're referring to Chris's prompt, it's not terribly difficult to
craft a creative nonfiction essay. Take any moment in your life, or if
you choose, a person other than yourself, and just write. I believe
Chris suggested using blindness as the theme, but that's a very broad
idea that can move in many directions. Once you have your thoughts down,
consider how to make your story creative, so to speak. Play with POV and
arrangement. CNF doesn't have to happen in linear order. Create scenes
in which to bring your story more to life for the reader. Use creative
language. Essentially, write a true event or idea as if you were writing
fiction.

Sincerely,
Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter, editor, Slate & Style
Read my blog at:

"If we discover a desire within us that nothing in this world can
satisfy, we should begin to wonder if perhaps we were created for
another world."
C. S. Lewis

Message: 12