[stylist] Hello

Bridgit Pollpeter bpollpeter at hotmail.com
Mon Jun 3 18:12:54 UTC 2013

Eve,

Despite the fact that this is a group about writing, when it comes to
actually sharing writing, most of us curl up in a ball and do not test
the waters. We have great discussions, and many post wonderful
information and resources, but when asked to sharpen our skills and test
our abilities, we scutter away.

I think there are various reasons for this including busy lives, writers
block and plain, old fear. Even when challenged with a simple exercise,
which is merely intended to act as a way to get juices flowing and
stimulate our minds, I think some believe they need to post polished
samples of writing when all we need to do is find some spark and write
what's in our head.

It need be only a paragraph and not an entire story or finished piece.
It should have basic editing done to correct spelling, grammar and
structure, but it need not be the great American novel, or world novel
as we have non-Americans on the list, grin.

So anyway, I encourage us to post little tid-bits of writing rather it
be a response to a prompt or something posted independently we wish to
share.

Bridgit