[stylist] Writers' Division - connecting to our meeting at convention

Robert Leslie Newman newmanrl at cox.net
Fri Jun 28 21:07:37 UTC 2013

Greetings

Again this year, we will be offering a live streaming of our annual business
meeting via the telephone. This will be our third year of accommodating
those who cannot physically be with us at convention. We are using an iPhone
dialed into the Division's free conference number; with an external speaker
hooked to the phone by Bluetooth.

Here is the phone number that you would use to dial into the conference
service: 1-218-339-4300 And here is the access code: 568839Pound

(Let us pray that the hotel is not constructed in such a manner that we
cannot get a signal from our meeting room!)

Below is the agenda; note the times for when we plan to get at throughout
the meeting:

National Federation of the Blind Writers' Division

Orlando, Florida

Annual Meeting Agenda

July 03, 2013

*I. 1:30-1:45: Introductions- All introduce themselves

*II. 1:45-3:00: Business Meeting-

 A. President's Report- Robert Leslie Newman

 B. Secretary's Report- Robert Leslie Newman

 C. Treasure's Report- Robert Leslie Newman

D. Old Business-

E. 2:00-3:00: New Business-

 -1. Bookshare presentation

-2. Announcement of winners for writing contest

--a. Youth contest winners: Allison Hilliker

 --b. Adult short story winners: Lori Stayer

 --c. Adult non-fiction: Chelsea Cook

--d. Adult stories for youth: Chelsea Cook

--e. Adult poetry winners: Lori Stayer

--f. Contest discussion- improvements, additions, etc.

 -3. Report on Teen Track writing workshop- Allison Hilliker, Chelsea Cook,
Katie Colton

 -4. Status of "Slate & Style-" Bridgit Kuenning-Pollpeter

 -5. Update on "Where The Blind work:" our joint project with The Jernigan

Institute- Robert Leslie Newman

-6. Update of Division's Website-Robert Leslie Newman

*III. 3:00-4:00: Self-Publishing-Jerry Whittle, Donna Hill, Myrna Badgerow

*IV. Elections: All positions are open.

Robert Leslie Newman

Personal Website-

Adjustment To Blindness And Visual impairment

http//www.thoughtprovoker.info

NFB Writers' Division, president

http://www.nfb-writers-division.net

Chair of the NFB Communications Committee