[stylist] New Victor Stream

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Sat Jun 29 04:12:43 UTC 2013

Bridgit,
I heard the new one is slimmer and lighter. but haven't seen it yet to know.
I have the old model which I'm happy with except for the volume.
You got to be near it to hear it well unless you use external speakers.

Why prices are not lower as the technology improves, I don't know. Most
technology comes down in price as  it gets further in development, but not
this one. My guess is that perhaps the text to speech software may be more
expensive
to put in it causing the price to be raised in order to make profits.
Not even sure how much the new one is. At least now they do not charge you
for extra features in the soft pack! You get support for .docx files and
itunes when you buy the victor at no additional cost. if
I wanted this, I'd have to purchase the soft pack.

But when NLS has the ap that I heard is coming, people will probably not buy
these expensive products if they can use a smart phone. Me, I am too
frustrated with touch screens and don't have a smart phone. I am much better
off with buttons. I have an ipod and hate the synthetic voice of voice over
and cannot understand some of what it says; it is quite unclear when it says
artists names; further, I find having to listen and then double tap
everything kind of inconvenient; I easily tap the wrong buttons as they are
so dang close together! So, all that said, I'd rather have a vr stream with
real buttons.
But for those on a budget, and who love their iphone or ipad or I touch, I
can see them using the nls on their ios device.

It probably will be out this summer.

Ashley