[stylist] Haiku to Spring

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Thu Mar 7 00:56:58 UTC 2013

Mary Jo,
My retirement was not a planned one. In my profession there are so many
perks, most professors do not retire until well after others. My sight loss
five years ago gave me the LEAP into retirement - but it is one of the most
positive things in the long view. I would never have retired at age 64
because my job was wonderful - summers in Europe, lots of publications and
speaking at conferences, and so many great classroom times with students. I
was one of the lucky ones who taught interdisciplinary studies across
disciplines.

Now, my life is also very good - with mornings at the gym with no hurries to
go home and then off to work every day. I write till after 1 in the
afternoons, then the rest of the day is art making in the studio - that is
my typical kind of day. Retirement is fulfilling in an entirely new way.

Lynda