[stylist] Poem for Nebraska friends

Jacobson, Shawn D Shawn.D.Jacobson at hud.gov
Mon Mar 25 18:35:16 UTC 2013

Linda

Actually, I did like the poem.  Being from Iowa, I think I am rather jaded when it comes to wide open spaces; we have a lot of that where I come from.  Now living on the east coast, I see how different the country is, how wooded and closed in.

When I was growing up, Nebraska was this big brown wasteland you drove through to get to Colorado.  Going through Nebraska as a child, I didn't think of the history, the pioneers, the buffalo, and I didn't see any eagles.  However, I can see where you would have a different perspective.

Once more, I found that a nice easy reading poem.

Shawn