[stylist] Question about color and blindness

Lynda Lambert llambert at zoominternet.net
Wed Mar 27 22:50:52 UTC 2013

I am sure not the person who can respond to this.
Color is loaded with meaning - to those who can see it.
But, I have no idea of what a person who has never seen a color would
experience. I would never attempt to speak for anyone else on this question.
It is a good question, and I don't think it should be sensitive - it would
be interesting to learn how another person would experience color.  My
friend, Sonja, has been blind from birth. She speaks of color a lot when
describing things. But one day she said to me, "When I talk about blue, you
realize that I have no concept of what blue really is, don't you? I know the
words that are blue words, but I do not know really what blue is."
 I have no idea on this one.

Lynda