[stylist] balancing with fiction

Donna Hill penatwork at epix.net
Fri Mar 29 17:27:38 UTC 2013

I, on the other hand,  do like Valmore. He's one of those down-to-earth guys
who isn't afraid to get his hands dirty, or voice his opinions. When you're
a bartender, it's important to be able to banter with folks, and giving
advice is one way to keep the conversation going and people buying. It can
be advice deliberately given to spark a discussion or real wisdom with a
humorous twist. Basically, he has a good heart, and if the chips were down,
I'd want him on my side.

Here are a few of my favorite Valmorisms:
Block quote
Valmore says wind is the most under-estimated element, and grass shacks are
flat shacks. People who buy waterfront property get what they deserve.

Valmore says the most complicated thing in the world is to lead a simple
life, so you'd better be starting. And always wear a tie to a funeral.

Valmore says nothing is as far away as one minute ago. And regret over
wasted time is more wasted time.

Valmore says to beware of young doctors and old barbers. Never let a doctor
with a big class ring give you a rectal exam."
Block quote end
Donna